Oversees the coordination of the surgical scheduling process for all patients. Acts as a liaison between Pre-Anesthesia, all hospital departments, Core physician offices, and patients to ensure smooth communication and coordination for all aspects that pertain to scheduling surgeries. Schedules surgeries, performs insurance verification, pre-certifications, and financial estimates for all surgical/procedure patients.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a medical setting
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong communication skills
- Medical Terminology
- Insurance, Coding, Collections are preferred
- Schedule all surgical procedures, preoperative and post-operative visits. Completes surgical booking sheet, patient and clinic specific paperwork. Faxes all surgical paperwork to EH OR, PCP, and specialist offices.
- Ensures all paperwork pertaining to surgery/procedure is completed accurately in a timely manner and scanned into the chart. Prepares surgery information packets and emails/mails surgery information packets to patients.
- Works within multiple medical record systems to pre-register patients and collect clinical data, update patient demographic information, completes documentation and/or scheduling of procedures.
- Confirms insurances, WC claims, completes precertification and financial estimate with insurance carriers and maintains records of all procedures pre certified and patient financial responsibilities. Coordinates financial collections for all surgical/procedure estimates with oversight of all schedulers.
- Functions as patient's main point of contact for all preoperative/pre procedure questions, communicates clinical questions as appropriate to provider or clinical staff.
- Ensures all paperwork is completed accurately, and in its entirety for surgery i.e. consents, antibiotic orders, medical necessity forms, etc.
- Completes Status C communication tool and completes ARM software fields for all required patient types.
- Completes all daily, weekly, and monthly numbers for tier reports and accurately enters information into Excel spreadsheets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Exeter Hospital · CORE-Physiatry-MS
Schedule: per diem limited, Day Shift, 7:30a-4,p 8:30a-5,p 9a-5:30p, variable as needed