Full Time,Day Shift Can be flexible
1) 10:30a-7:00p Monday-Friday
2) 3:00p-11:00p Monday-Friday
Under the administrative direction of the Director of Diagnostic Imaging and the clinical direction of the Radiologist/Team Leader performs ultrasound examinations which includes the operation of real-time imaging equipment.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience
- Ultrasound Tech – RDMS or eligible; must be certified/registered within 18 months of DOH
- Vascular experience
- NH MIRT License
- CPR certified within 90 days of hire
- Review medical record for patient history and supporting clinical data. Explain procedure to patient; provide patient support and comfort. Select equipment and imaging parameters to facilitate optimum diagnostic studies.
- Operate ultrasound equipment to perform examination. Display broad knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy; pathology and/or physiological data to obtain optimal studies. Constantly evaluate accuracy and quality of scan results.
- Select and record preliminary study results; make pertinent measurements and label accordingly. Present study to Radiologist for interpretation.
- Consult with Radiologists about unusual scans and the need for rescanning; assist with interpretation.
- Maintain ultrasound equipment. Recognize malfunctions and the need for service; assure quality control procedures are maintained.
- Order and maintain supplies. Maintain orderliness of ultrasound suites.
- Instruct and oversee students; staff; and physicians in units operations as needed.
- Participate in continuing education as required by the ARDMS..
- Participate in special projects, such as collection and organization of data as requested.
- Perform assigned duties associated with interventional procedures.
- May perform reception/clerk duties for the Ultrasound section.
- Demonstrate competency in the use of all applicable aspects of the computer information system.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.