Reports to Hospice Director. Performs a variety of services, such as advising on social problems, arranging for discharge or postoperative care at home or in institutions, placement of adults in nursing homes, financial assistance to patients or families during illnesses and alleviation of anxieties or fears concerning permanent disabilities, disfiguring illnesses or uncertainty about the future.
· CPR certified or within 30 days of hire
· Driver license – valid
1. Assesses the psychosocial needs for social work intervention via interviews with patients/families to obtain information about a wide variety of factors including but not limited to: the patient and family's adjustment to the terminal illness, the social and emotional factors related to the terminal illness, the presence or absence of adequate coping mechanisms, the family dynamics and communication patterns, financial resources or constraints, the caregiver's ability to function effectively, identification of obstacles and risk factors which may affect compliance with the plan of care and identifying family support systems to help facilitate coping with end of life issues.
2. Develops plan of care in consultation with the physician and other interdisciplinary team members.
3. Counsels/works with patients and families to assist the patient and family in minimizing the stress and problems that arise from the terminal illness, related conditions, and the dying process.
4. Identifies and utilizes appropriate community resources and assesses patient/family ability to access them.
5. Evaluates data gathered in terms of the medical treatment plan and available resources to plan a pertinent treatment program that will provide each patient with maximum benefits.
6. Assist team members in understanding the social and emotional factors related to the terminal illness, related conditions and the dying process.
7. Completes documentation on same day as visit per agency standards. Transfers laptop after each visit.
8. Understands and meets expected productivity standards and obligations for scheduling.
Location: Exeter Hospital · RVNA-Social Work-HOSP
Schedule: full time, Day Shift, 64 hours per pay period