Hours: 8:00AM-4:30PM as needed
The Social Worker Case Manager performs a variety of services with all patient populations, including psychosocial needs assessments, patient / family education regarding community state and federal resources. Provides counseling to patients and families about the impact of hospitalization and illness on well-being.
- Minimum MSW degree or equivalent
- 1–3 years experience
- Assesses all patients referred for social work case management services. Referrals are received from physician orders; nursing orders; multidisciplinary rounds; patient / family requests and community agencies.
- Prescreening for high risk patients is routinely performed via census review and multidisciplinary rounds.
- Perform needs assessments; prioritizes patients' needs / choices; and collaborates with the interdisciplinary team; patient / pertinent other; and community resources in order to fully develop/organize treatment plans with optimal outcomes.
- Coordinate plans with patient / family; members of the health care team utilizing best practice approaches. Performs ongoing evaluation / readjustment of plans for efficacy; quality; cost-effectiveness; and goals / outcomes.
- Serves as patient liaison / advocate between care providers; community agencies; and insurance payers.
- Advocates for services and funding that are necessary to meet established outcomes. Maintains working knowledge of payer requirements.
- Provides supportive counseling and crisis intervention and advocacy to patients and families. Work in close collaboration with a nurse case manager in all cases and; in particular; cases involving complex biopsychosocial / legal / financial issues to establish and review the plan of care.
- Prepares and maintains the required documentation for each case. Complies with State and Federal mandates for documentation and reporting.