Exeter Hospital is proud to offer career development opportunities for nurse graduates through our Nurse Residency Program. Why choose Exeter Hospital? As a nurse resident, you will join a community of dedicated and caring practitioners. As a Magnet designated hospital, we strive to continually deliver exceptional patient care throughout all of our affiliates to improve the health of the community we serve.
Our year-long Nurse Residency Program gives you the foundation of skills that you will use throughout your nursing career. Get hands-on clinical experience with a variety of patients while collaborating with experienced preceptors, committed nurse educators, and supportive managers and colleagues. During your residency you will be surrounded by a dedicated community of experienced nurses and fellow nurse residents that will work in tandem to deliver the exceptional patient experience.
- 0-6 months experience
- BSN preferred
- Registered Nurse – NH or other compact state
- BCLS certified – for select nursing positions within 30 days
What to expect:
The Nurse Residency Program begins with Corporate and Nursing & Clinical Orientation and concludes after successfully completing all required courses and associated competencies, and at least 50% of the elective courses (approximately 8 months).
Exeter Hospital’s Nurse Residency Program is designed to be interprofessional and according to best-practice standards and seeks to:
- provide emotional and clinical support to effectively guide through transition
- promote teamwork and interprofessional communication and collaboration
- establish clinical competence within a culture of continuous quality and safety
- integrate current and best evidence into practice
- facilitate retention
Location: Exeter Hospital · EH-4 East South-ABULA
Schedule: full time, Night Shift, 7:00PM – 7:30AM every 3rd weekend