Location: Exeter Hospital · EH-Oncology-ABULA
Schedule: per diem limited, Day Shift, 8:00AM-4:30PM, days, occasional weekends
Exeter Hospital, Core Physicians, and Rockingham VNA & Hospice, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health, proudly serve the beautiful NH
seacoast region. Our principal mission is to work together to create healthier communities. What makes us unique is the spirit of our
staff who are team-oriented and focused on providing an outstanding patient care experience and quality outcomes for those we are
privileged to serve. In addition, we want to ensure that our employees feel well cared for by offering a comprehensive benefits package,
on-going training and growth opportunities, wellness resources, special perks, and more.
Our Magnet designation is recognition of our excellent nursing staff and the high quality, innovative patient care we deliver every day in our community.
We would love for you to join the Oncology team! We have excellent nurse/patient ratios, flexibility with hours, and we are a very collaborative and established interdisciplinary team.
This Registered Nurse is an integral part of the Cancer Center team, providing professional nursing care in our state of the art Cancer Center. Assist throughout the center in a variety of ways to provide high quality care to our population of both hematology & oncology patients. Job duties may include all the following: performing assessments, telephone triage, administering injections, infusion treatments or chemotherapy as assigned. Plans & coordinates care with the primary physicians & other disciplines.
Provides professional nursing care within assigned unit. Coordinates care planning with other disciplines.
****Coverage for vacation and census need.
· Registered Nurse – NH or other Compact State
· 0 – 6 months direct related experience
· BCLS certified – for selected nursing positions within 30 days
· BSN preferred
1. Practice Standards – Adheres to hospital policies, ANA standards of practice, and nursing code of ethics. Ensures safe, timely and accurate medication and IV administration and transcription. Successfully uses information technology. Documentation is accurate, timely, concise, legible and adheres to departmental policy. Integrates policies and/or national practice guidelines into patient care planning to achieve desired patient care outcomes. Is an expert resource for content development of clinical practice (and therefore policy/procedure review or
2. Mentoring/Teaching – Precepts new employees – sets goals and assists the new employee in meeting those goals. Facilitates and encourages an environment for critical thinking. Makes 1-2 formal presentations (case study, new equipment in-service, or education program) to peers at least annually. Assists in meeting the learning and professional development needs of others.
3. Delegation – Understands team members' roles and delegates tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the licensure, education, and experience of the staff. Assigns personnel appropriately; understands when follow-up is needed. Monitors and evaluates appropriate utilization of staff during assigned shift.