Rockingham VNA & Hospice
Part Time,Day Shift 11a-5p; M-F
Serves as a key member of the clinical operations team in the facilitation of patient admissions/readmissions onto home based service lines. Reports to the Senior Director of Home Care and Hospice or designee.
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Associate Degree or commensurate experience in related field
- Strong communication, customer service and organizational skills
- Skilled in MS office, electronic medical records and other computer based programs
- Receives and directs calls from staff or patients. Provides callers with specific information and follows up on inquiries, accepts and relays messages.
- Manages pending patient referrals, communicates with patients/families and referral sources to ensure appropriate and timely transition of care for patients.
- May coordinate distribution of policies/memos or assist with department mailings. Organizes the department and may prioritize the work of others. Organize meetings, appointments, committee records and departmental files.
- Collaborates with intake, clinical operations and billing to facilitate admissions.
- Coordinates and provides patient education prior to admission to services and schedules the admissions.
- Creates reports, formats documents and composes correspondence for review. Maintains appropriate reports as requested by clinical operations or QAPI committee.
- Assists in the coordination of needed medical equipment, medical supplies, etc. to prepare for the successful transition of care in the home or facility setting.
- Maintains a tracking system for incoming, pending and completed referrals/admissions. Documents activities into the medical record.
- Provides operational support to the clinical managers and directors as needed. Assists Team Assistants in their standard work as needed. Creates and maintains filing system for optimal retrieval and efficiency. May prepare charts
- Active participant in LEAN or QAPI activities of the agency.