Location: Exeter Hospital · EH-Pharmacy-ABULA
Schedule: full time, Day Shift, Days, occasional evenings
Under the direct supervision of a licensed Pharmacist, assists in the daily operations of the Pharmacy Department.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Registered with New Hampshire Board of Pharmacy within 15 days of hire
- Obtain Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) with the (PTCB or NHA) within 90 days of hire and re-register as a CPhT with the New Hampshire Board of Pharmacy within 5 days.
- Under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist, assists in the daily operations of the pharmacy department and serves as pharmacist support during assigned shifts.
- Answers telephone calls and triages as needed to appropriate pharmacy personnel.
- Prepares unit dose medications and completes non-sterile compounding and repackaging according to hospital department policies, <USP795> and New Hampshire Board of Pharmacy rules and regulations.
- Distributes prepared medications to hospital locations and maintains automated dispensing cabinet inventory, including stock outs, stock rotation and expiration dating.
- Maintain sufficient central pharmacy inventory.
- Completes medication area inspections within hospital policy guidelines as assigned.
- Assures accurate pharmaceutical waste disposal of medications
- Assists with the orientation and training of new staff; performs other duties and projects as assigned
- May be required to train in the IV room and rotate assignments to support department staffing necessities