Hours: 7a-7:30pm with alternating weekends Sat/Sun
Provide direct and constant visual observation of patients for their safety under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- High School or GED
- BCLS Certification within 90 days of hire
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Provide constant observation to patients who are suicidal by means of video monitoring or direct visualization.
- Alert nurse if there is a change in the patient's behavior or response that the observer is concerned about.
- Review observation care plan for the patient with the nurse at the beginning and end of shift.
- May report food and/or liquid intake.
Hear from a current Patient Safety Assistant on what it is like to work at Exeter Hospital and why you should apply here: Neil, Patient Safety Assistant at Exeter Hospital
& Learn more about our Patient Safety Assistant training when joining Exeter Hospital's Emergency Department here: Patient Safety Assistant Training