Greet and welcome patients. Provide complex administrative and scheduling support to physicians clinical staff managers and patients in a healthcare setting. Responsible for check-in check-out scheduling phones medical records maintenance and support referrals authorizations data entry and customer service.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 1–3 years experience
- Utilizes superior customer service skills to perform daily administrative duties of the clinic including but not limited to; greeting checking in/checking out; scheduling patients; chart maintenance; filing; answering phones and taking messages; opening; reviewing and distributing mail; stocking supplies; checking and distributing faxes.
- Register patients; ID patients and queue into system. Have patients sign consents and ABNs as needed. Scan insurance cards; labs and orders; as needed.
- Actively schedules all patients for appointments requested by providers. These include but are not limited to; labs; diagnostic; chemotherapy; infusion; provider follow up; teaching; outside referrals and hospital admissions. Make reminder calls to patients prior to appointment.
- Intake of all new consult referrals; collects appropriate clinical and billing data. Prepares new charts; ensures records are complete prior to visit; mails out packets accordingly.
- Accurately maintains provider schedules to ensure clinic resources are maximized and patient's needs are met. Updates and coordinates provider schedules as needed for meetings; time off; etc. and communicates changes as needed to appropriate individuals.
- Accurately obtains necessary prior authorizations from insurance company prior to booking diagnostic testing. Understands contractual pre-certification requirements to ensure billing requirements are met prior to services. Maintains a tickler file for future tasks/appointments.
- Assists with medical records requests from customers. Handles patient/staff requests throughout the day appropriately. Prints all necessary reports and distributes daily.
- Provides coverage for other administrative staff as necessary. Assist with patient flow and coordinate care with medical assistant and triage nurse; as needed.
- Processes death notifications appropriately.
- Uses and maintains routine office equipment; computers; voicemail; multi-line phones; intercoms; printers; scanners and other similar equipment as well as software.
Location: Exeter Hospital · EH-Radiation Therapy-ABULA
Schedule: full time, Day Shift, Monday, Tuesday 10:00 – 4:30
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 8:00 – 4:30