Location: Exeter Hospital · CORE-Core General Surgery-SS
Schedule: part time, Day Shift, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8am-430pm
The medical assistant will provide support to the practice in the functional areas of clerical, clinical and business under the direct supervision of a Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant or Physician.
For hires after 11/28/2011: CMA/RMA/CCMA certification/registration required or within 6 mos of hire OR credentialed through formal training program that includes testing of knowledge
BLS within 6 months of hire
- Perform clinical duties such as previsit work, obtaining vital signs, providing medication reconciliation, and assisting provider in examinations and/or procedures.
- Clean and prepare instruments for sterilization as required. Ensures exam rooms are cleaned and stocked.
- Following standard work procedures, and messaging policy, respond to patient phone portal message on the same day.
- Use standing protocols to complete pre visit work, close gaps in care, administrate vaccines, and complete prescription refills.
- May schedule preadmission and diagnostic testing and place follow-up calls to patients after surgery.
- May perform any of the following daily administrative duties of the practice: greeting/check in/check out, scheduling patients, answering telephones, taking messages, organizing patient charts, filing, pulling and copying patient records, collection of co-pays and patient balances, post payment and adjustment transactions, and balance daily journal.
- Maintains and adheres to established Core policies and procedures and federal regulations, including, patient confidentiality, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control standards; responsible for participating in the daily huddle and completing any actions required and working as a member of the care team to ensure proper communication between all team members.
- In some practices, the MA may perform scribing duties; accompany provider into patient examination room and accurately and efficiently document the encounter; order any labs, make referrals, and order prescriptions that have been recommended by the provider.
- Responsible for monitoring care team metrics to evaluate improvement metrics and outcome.
- Perform other duties as assigned.