Reporting to the Executive Director, serves as the manager for the Intake Department. The manager is responsible for the overall management of the intake department. The manager will be an active member of the RVNA&H leadership team and perform functions as assigned appropriate to the manager role and responsibilities
- 3 to 5 years direct related experience
- RN license NH or other Compact State
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong commitment to customer service. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft programs for internal communication, database tracking/reporting as well as proficiency working with electronic health records.
- Acts as the inoffice clinical leader that supervises and evaluates all of the members of the intake department.
- Oversees and provides management, coordination and communication of patient care orders, physician license verification, Medicare system and EDischarge according to agency process.
- Coordinates the flow of referral/patient information among the appropriate parties including agency staff, the referral source, the patient/family and physician.
- Works closely with clinical operations, leadership, Business Office, and peers to run the daytoday operations of the intake department.
- Demonstrates ability to perform all assigned functions related to the Intake Department or other duties as assigned according to established procedures.
- Acts as a liaison and a resource to physicians, clients/patients, family, discharge planners and others regarding services offered by the agency.
- Ensures contact with patient/family as soon as possible after referral is received.
- Reviews documentation, including orders, and contacts referral source for clarification of orders or other documentation to determine clinical eligibility for home health and hospice care.
- Understands that teamwork is a crucial part of our business, and is able to work well with colleagues, no matter the circumstances. Using individual skills, cooperates with others, and accepts and provides constructive feedback despite any personal conflicts between individuals involved
- Must have clinical knowledge and critical thinking ability to effectively plan and provide coordination of patient care consistent with standards and regulations
Location: Exeter Hospital · RVNA-Intake-ADMIN
Schedule: full time, Day Shift, M-F 8-5 pm.