Location: Exeter Hospital · RVNA-Nursing-ACUTE
Schedule: full time, Day Shift, 80 hours per pay period with weekend and holiday rotation
Reports to clinical manager, provides nursing care under RN supervision.
· 1 to 3 years of direct experience
· LPN License- NH state or other compact state
· CPR certified or within 30 days of hire
· Driver license – valid
1. Supplements and provides direct nursing care to patients and assists in the nursing process under the supervision of a registered nurse. Ensures patients have timely and accurate orders prior to delivering services.
2. Provides interventions and education, in accordance with the nursing plan of care, to meet patient outcomes. Assesses patient, caregiver, and/or representative response to intervention and education provided.
3. Monitors/evaluates medical condition of patients and documents and reports changes to appropriate personnel, interdisciplinary team members and physician(s) as indicated.
4. Collaborates with other health care team members and registered nurse to adjust the plan of care as necessary to ensure optimal outcomes. Updates plan of care if needed under supervision of registered nurse.
5. Assess for patient, caregiver, and/or representative and family counseling needs and make appropriate referrals. Provide patient caregiver, and/or representative education including but not limited to: diagnosis, interventions, community resources, medications, safe and therapeutic environment, coping strategies, and discharge, etc.
6. Documents assessment, interventions, medication reconciliation, and discharge planning in appropriate clinical notes and plan of care. Completes documentation same day as visit, per agency standard.
7. Meets agency obligations for, holiday and weekend coverage. Complies with Agency standards for productivity, patient and staff schedules, and attendance at meetings.
8. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, community based and home health agency in services, meetings, workshops, and provides training to staff, agency, and community groups. Complies with professional licensure standards and code of ethics.
9. Participates in the agency's quality assessment process improvement (QAPI) program to improve health outcome, patient safety and quality of care.