Hours: Varied 12hr shifts, 48hrs required in 6 weeks, 24hrs are weekend Sat/Sun.
Provides basic nursing care to patients under the direct supervision of the licensed nurse. Assisting patients with daily activities that support their treatment and overall wellbeing.
- 0-6 months experience
- Successfully completed a nursing arts course (e.g. Basics in Nursing Fundamentals of Nursing etc.) and be actively enrolled in nursing school
- State of NH Licensed Nursing Assistant
- CPR certified within 90 days of hire
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement programs, safety/environment of care programs and infection control standards.
- Performs basic procedures to include incentive spirometry, bedside testing such as blood glucose testing, non-sterile dressing changes and oral suctioning and maintains aseptic technique when appropriate.
- Provides personal care to patients; monitors condition of patients and reports changes to appropriate personnel.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the patient care plan.
- Performs accurate and timely documentation of patient care information on appropriate patient medical record forms. May enter laboratory orders and/or records charges.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patient and family in accordance with hospital standards including assurance and support of patient's rights and responsibilities.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-services, meetings and workshops.
- Determines proper functioning of medical equipment to assure patient safety.
- May performs EKGs and/or ortho tech/telemetry skills.
- May perform phlebotomy in designated areas.