Provides basic nursing care to patients with additional technical competencies under the direct supervision of the licensed nurse.
- 1 year+ experience
- Licensed Nursing Assistant – NH State
- CPR Certified within 90 days of hire
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures; objectives; quality improvement programs; safety/environment of care programs and infection control standards.
- Performs basic procedures to include incentive spirometry; bedside testing such as blood glucose testing; non-sterile dressing changes and oral suctioning and maintains aseptic technique when appropriate.
- Provides personal care to patients.
- Monitors condition of patients and reports changes to appropriate personnel.
- Performs accurate and timely documentation of patient care information on appropriate patient medical record forms.
- Maintains a safe; comfortable and therapeutic environment for patient and family in accordance with hospital standards including assurance and support of patient's rights and responsibilities.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs; current literature; inservices; meetings and workshops.
- Determines proper functioning of medical equipment to assure patient safety.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the patient care plan.
- Performs EKG's and/or ortho tech/telemetry skills. May perform phlebotomy in designated areas. Orients new LNAs.
Location: Exeter Hospital · EH-Oncology-ABULA
Schedule: per diem limited, Day Shift, 8:00AM – 4:30PM varied days as needed