Serves as an internal consultant to organizational leadership for enabling the execution of key clinical, operational, and cultural improvement projects. Leads, facilitates, and supports cross-functional teams to redesign processes critical to safe, high quality, efficient, patient and family-centered care. Drives the organization's efforts to adopt consistent, effective practices related to process improvement through education and coaching. Acts as a change agent in advancing a culture of improvement and high reliability.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business, Engineering, or a similar program, Master’s Degree preferred
- 5 to 7 years of Operations, Project Management, or internal consulting experience
- Familiarity with ISO 9001:2015 in health care and high reliability frameworks
- CPHQ, Lean Bronze, or Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt within 1 year
- Project Management certification is a plus
- Strong project management and analytical/problem-solving skills in scoping and analyzing cross-functional problems and generate/implement effective solutions
- Proficient in the knowledge and use of change management techniques. Manages team dynamics, organizational dynamics and encourages creative thinking for successful outcomes.
- Exceptional relationship building skills: lead with relationship and trust building
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably excel, word, ppt, database and other applicable software programs
- Lead and facilitate system-wide, strategic improvement projects across the organization to redesign processes that are critical to quality and patient care.
- Build strong relationships with all levels of leadership and support the leadership group in the deployment of Lean techniques and associated behaviors for assigned areas.
- Lead process improvement, problem solving and change management using advanced Lean and Six Sigma tools and methods.
- Consult senior leaders, area managers, and front-line staff in the use of lean principles and tools to eliminate waste, improve flow, and create value for patients and internal customers.
- Develop and coordinate training to educate staff at all levels on A3 problem solving skills, Lean, Six Sigma, Design Thinking and other performance improvement/change management methodologies.
- Collect and analyze data on clinical, operational, and cultural processes using advanced evaluation tools.
- Support operational leaders in making data visible to drive improvement work. Assist in the development of metrics and reporting tools.
- Lead lean management system development across the enterprise. Coach and teach teams on maturing, evolving, reflecting, and sustaining their management system as well as leveraging it for further improvement and alignment with the overall Quality Management System.
- Deliver verbal and written presentations and project status updates to a spectrum of audiences as needed to advance organizational awareness.
Location: Exeter Hospital · EH-Screening-MPALM
Schedule: full time, Day Shift, 8:00 am – 5:00pm