Location: Exeter Hospital · EH-Emergency Department-ABULA
Schedule: part time, Day Shift, 7a-3p or 7a-7p, every other weekend (Sat and Sun), flexibility available with shifts
Provides administrative support to enhance/enable clinical care in the Emergency Department.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 1-3 years experience
- As part of the patient care delivery team; expedites patient care by scheduling diagnostic testing and services.
- Enters providers orders in Meditech.
- Maintains medical records; ensuring required components are complete; signed; and properly filed.
- Closes out charts upon discharge; entering required information into computer system.
- Acts as a primary liaison to coordinate patient movement; either inter-facility or transfers into or outside of the hospital. Works closely with the inpatient units or external agencies to facilitate patient transfers; including medical records.
- Answers busy multi-line telephone; fielding and/or directing inquiries appropriately.
- Retrieves; sorts; and distributes department mail. Maintains files and office supplies.